Boston New Years Yoga Classes and Events 2012
Looking for this year’s 2012/2013 post? Updated: This year’s blogpost covering Boston’s New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day 2013 yoga classes and events.
Are you a teacher or studio hosting an event or special class and want to get on the list? Feel free to drop me a line with the information (see format below).
The annual blog post covering special yoga events and classes in and around Boston on New Years Eve, New Years Day, New Years Weekend, January 1st and beyond.
We’ve got you covered:
Friday December 30, 2011
- 6 – 8 PM Yoga Mudra: An Invitation to Closure with Jared Hirsch at Down Under Yoga (Newton, MA)
Saturday December 31, 2011 — New Year’s Eve
- 12 – 1:30 PM MADONNATHON with Lynne Begier at Back Bay Yoga (Boston)
- 4 – 5:30 PM Special Candlelit NYE Class with Joanna Benevides at North End Yoga (Boston)
- 6:30 – 9:30 PM Special 3-hour New Year’s Eve Class with Glen Cunningham at Sadhana Yoga Studio (South End, Boston)
- 8 PM – 12:01 AM New Year’s Eve JourneyDance Celebration! w/ Toni Bergins, John & Nicole Churchil at Samadhi (Newton Centre, MA)
- First Night Kirtan & Dance! with Shubalananda & Ashley, DJ Mantra Ji & special guests ~ attend all or part at The Arlington Center
8 PM – Shubalananda & Ashley kirtan
11 PM – DJ MantraJi dancing kirtan
Cost: $30 at the door or class card x 2 ~ free refreshments ~ come & go whenever you like
- 10 – 11:30 PM New Year’s Eve Benefit Class with Michael Mann at Prana Cambridge (Central Square)
Cost: $15 minimum donation required
- 10 – 11:55 PM O2′s First Annual New Year’s Eve Class with Ann Panopoulos and Katherine Pomponi at O2 Yoga (Somerville, MA)
Cost: $25 advanced / $35 day of
- 10 PM – 12:05 AM New Year’s Eve Yoga with Ame Wren at Back Bay Yoga (Boston, MA)
- 10 PM – 12:01 AM New Years Eve Celebration Class w/ David and Todd at South Boston Yoga (Boston, MA)
- 10 PM – 12:00 AM New Years Eve Flow at Be In Union (Somerville, MA)
Down Under Yoga (Newton, MA) : Saturday December 31st-ALL CLASSES RUNNING (Except 5:45pm)
Samadhi (Newton Centre, MA) : Saturday December 31st-ALL CLASSES RUNNING
Sunday January 1, 2012 — New Year’s Day
- Welcome in 2012 with the Gift of Yoga at Laughing Dog Yoga (Wellesley, MA)
9th Annual New Year’s Celebration Yoga Classes
8 – 9:15 AM – Breath-Flow-Stillness w/ Cynthia
10:30 – 12 PM – New Year’s Celebration Yoga Class w/ Jennifer
- 10:30 AM – 12 PM First Morning Yoga Class with Barbara Freedman at The Arlington Center
Cost: $17 or class card
- 12 – 2 PM Moving with Joy Into the New Year-A New Year’s Day Practice with Live Music by the Grass Gypsys with Roberto Lim at Back Bay Yoga (Boston, MA)
- 12:30 pm All-Levels – Special Additional Sunday “Late Risers” Afternoon Class for New Year’s Day with Glen Cunningham at Sadhana Yoga Studio (South End, Boston)
- 12 – 1:30 PM Vinyasa Yoga and 1:30 – 2 PM Meditation w/ Julia Hanlon at Majestic Yoga Studio (Cambridge, MA)
- 1 – 3 PM New Years Day: Grace in Transition w/ Tim and Kirsten at South Boston Yoga (Boston, MA)
Cost: $30 advanced / $35 door
- 1 – 3 PM A Practice to Launch the New Year with Natasha Rizopoulos at Down Under Yoga (Newton, MA)
- 1:30 – 4:30 PM Honor the New Year with 108 Sun Salutations with Jennifer Maniates at Open Doors Roslindale
Cost: $40 / $25 early
- 2 – 4 PM Special New Years Day Detox Flow with Ame Wren at North End Yoga (Boston)
- 3 – 5 PM ReNew You 2012: A New Years Day Intensive with Live Cello! with Larisa Forman and Rachel Arnold at Samara Yoga (Somerville, MA)
- 4 – 6 PM Radiate into 2012 with Chanel Luck at Down Under Yoga (Newton, MA)
- 5 – 7 PM The Art of Intention with Sarah Sturges at Back Bay Yoga (Boston, MA)
Down Under Yoga (Newtonville, MA) : Sunday January 1st– All Classes Running ( Except 7:45am)
Samadhi (Newton Centre, MA) : Sunday, January 1st — 4:30pm Nia & 5:45pm Tribal Beat ONLY
Please confirm with individual studios for class times and prices before you head out the door. Many studios also have regular classes on their schedules (especially Friday and Saturday), so check on individual studio websites.
Please add any other yoga classes or events you know in the comments below!
Have a fabulous New Year!